Communities building knowledge:
innovation through citizens’ science and university engagement
August 30 – September 1, 2007- Paris (France)
(Ecole des Mines de Paris)
This conference will provide a forum where information on community based research, carried out in both community and academic settings, can be shared and developed. It will reflect the social impact and scientific and democratic value of research from a range of disciplines including social, natural, physical and technological sciences. This conference will be of interest to people who are active in, or interested in, the field of community-based research.
Main conference themes:
– University engagement with communities
– Citizens’ science and social movements
– Research policy – from local to global
– Innovation and citizens – added values for communities
– Participatory processes in science and technology
Within the five main conference themes different topics can be discussed.
You’re invited to submit a short proposal for a contribution at the conference
This appears to be an interesting conference.