Since this is the last Happy Hour of the year, all of todayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s questions relate to your 2008 experiences. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve added more questions that usual, but donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t feel compelled to answer everything. LetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s get right to it.
1. WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most interesting book or article you read in 2008?
The Monk and the Philosopher: A Father and Son Discuss the Meaning of Life
2. WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the best food you tried for the first time in 2008?
Jersey Beef at Cafe Europa in Copenhagen
3. What prominent figureÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s death upset you the most in 2008?
Studs Turkle and George Carlin
4. WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most unexpected way the economic crisis affected you in 2008?
umm, lost 1/4 of my current retirement savings?
5. WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a new hobby you picked up in 2008?
6. When you look back at 2008 five years from now, what will be the first thing that comes to mind? (For me, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a three-way tie: the birth of my daughter, the GiantsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Super Bowl win and those four straight days last week when Yahoo! linked to mental_floss stories on their homepage.)
7. And IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll end this batch of questions the same way I did last year: Ã¢â‚¬Å“LetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s make Week-After-Christmas Resolutions. Something you vow to start doing next Friday, but can give up on January 1st.Ã¢â‚¬Â WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s yours? [From Friday Happy Hour: What Did We Learn This Year?]
hmmm, not eating… pork?