New JASIST. The March issue of the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology is now online. Here are the OA-related articles.
- Marcia Lei Zeng and Lois Mai Chan, Trends and issues in establishing interoperability among knowledge organization systems
- Padmini Srinivasan, Text mining: Generating hypotheses from MEDLINE
- Massimo Melucci, Making digital libraries effective: Automatic generation of links for similarity search across hyper-textbooks
- Peter Vinkler, Characterization of the impact of sets of scientific papers: The Garfield (impact) factor
- C. Christiaan van der Eijk and four co-authors, Constructing an associative concept space for literature-based discovery
- Corinne Jšrgensen, Unlocking the museum: A manifesto
the fourth and sixth papers are especially interesting I think. the fifth, i have issues with because I think that I've done it differently, but it might be because i don't use terms like hebbian type, instead i use more humanities oriented terms. In any case, i also still think that conceptual maps arise as much from usage as from analysis of the text, but that's just me. I'm happy someone else has time to do this kind of work though at least it is progress in the field.