June issue of Against the Grain. The June issue of Against the Grain is now out. This issue is guest-edited by Steve McKinzie and devoted to changes in scholarly communication. Not even the TOC and abstracts are online, at least not yet. Here are the OA-related articles. (Thanks to Charles W. Bailey, Jr.)
- Steve McKinzie, Peer Review: Past Present and Future
- John Ober, Catherine Candee, and Beverlee French, Reshaping Scholarly Communication
- Barbara Fister, Academic Authors and the Crisis in Publishing
- Gerry McKiernan, Easy Pieces
- Michael Mabe, Peer Review and Pay-to-Publish: The World Turned Upside Down?
- Peter Suber, A Primer on Open Access to Science and Scholarship (OA edition)
- Mark Herring, Peer Review
- Steve McKinzie, Open Access: Two Caveats
interesting set of papers, but i'm not sure they define as much as they portend to define.