The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation is organising a follow-up conference to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) focusing on ãImplementation and Best Practicesä from 25-26 March 2004 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The conference will have the following objectives:
- Understanding and reviewing leading thinking and strategies on best practices, which can be shared between key member groups. Review how other stakeholders are going to approach similar goals and strategic objectives.
- How to develop action plans which cascade through the supply chain.
- Reviewing the role of stakeholder alliances between government, not for profit organisations/NGOs and the private sector, reviewing key case studies materials throughout the world, including a focus on procurement and the supply chain.
- Uncover the challenges and opportunities of developing Private Finance Initiatives.
- Assess how joint cross-border initiatives like skills and capacity building can work. Is there a common roadmap to developing ãe-citizenä communities.
- Share common challenges on modernising Government agendas in relation to WSIS. Assess what external tools and resources exist which can support stakeholders in this endeavour.
- How to enhance private sector investor commitment.